Proposed change to Board of Directors
Master Drilling Group Limited
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
(Registration number 2011/008265/06)
JSE share code: MDI
(“Master Drilling” or the “Company”)
PROPOSED CHANGE TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS
In accordance with paragraph 3.59(a) of the JSE Limited Listings Requirements, shareholders are
advised that the Board of Directors of the Company (“the Board”) has approved the nomination of Mr
Hendrik Johannes Faul (Hennie) as an independent non-executive director of the Company and shall
recommend his election as such to shareholders at the Company’s Annual General Meeting
scheduled for 9 June 2020, to be effective from such election.
Hennie holds the following degrees/certificates:
- B (Eng) Mining Engineering - Pretoria University, South Africa 1988.
- South African Mine Managers Certificate for Metalliferous Mines.
- AMP- University of Pretoria’s Gordon Institute of Business Science 2005.
Hennie holds the following professional affiliations:
- Pr. CPM –Registered with the South African Council for the Project and Construction
Management Professions as a Professional Construction Project Manager.
- Associate member of The South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy.
Directorships held by Hennie include the following:
- LSE: Amara Mining plc – Independent non- executive director 2011 to 2016;
- Non-executive director of JSE listed Palabora Mining Company and served on the Board’s
Social, Ethics and Technical Committee 2011 to 2013;
- Chairman - International Copper Association 2016 to 2018;
- Chief Executive Officer Copper (Santiago, Chile) - Anglo American PLC: 2013 to 2019;
- Director - AA Sur S.A. Chile, Chairman and director – AA, Multifaceted Joint Venture between
AngloAmerican, Mitsubishi, Codelco and Mitsui;
- Director and Chairman Quellaveco S.A. Peru, Joint Venture between AngloAmerican,
- Director and alternating Chairman - Compañía Minera Doña Inés de Collahuasi, Joint Venture
between AngloAmerican, Glencore and Mitsui.
14 April 2020
Investec Bank Limited
Date: 14-04-2020 07:05:00
Produced by the JSE SENS Department. The SENS service is an information dissemination service administered by the JSE Limited ('JSE').
The JSE does not, whether expressly, tacitly or implicitly, represent, warrant or in any way guarantee the truth, accuracy or completeness of
the information published on SENS. The JSE, their officers, employees and agents accept no liability for (or in respect of) any direct,
indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage of any kind or nature, howsoever arising, from the use of SENS or the use of, or reliance on,
information disseminated through SENS.
Email this JSE Sens Item to a Friend.