This is a specialist fund that offers investors an opportunity of investing in the financial services industry. The fund aims to achieve superior returns over the medium to long-term through well researched superior stock selection.
The fund is suitable for clients requiring greater exposure to financial shares as part of a balanced portfolio.
Why Choose This Fund?
* An investment in this type of fund is indicated when markets are strong, interest rates are stable or declining, and the rand shows some signs of weakness. This fund is currently suitable for use as one of the satellite funds if the investor intends following a core/satellite approach.
* International exposure adds diversity and higher growth potential.
* Banks earnings set to benefit from strong advances growth and lower bad debts (attributable to low interest rate environment).
* Life assurance earnings set to benefit from improved investment markets.
* Valuation levels attractive on a longer term view.
Additional Fund Information
* The fund manager may borrow up to 10% of the market value of the portfolio to bridge insufficient liquidity.
* Fluctuations or movements in exchange rates may cause the value of underlying international investments to go up or down.
* This fund is also available via certain LISPs (Linked Investment Services Providers), who levy their own fees.
* Total Expense Ratio (TER): This fund (retail class) has a TER of 1.70%. For the period from 1 January 2007 to 31 March 2007 1.70% of the average net asset value of the portfolio were incurred as charges, levies and fees related to the management of the portfolio. The ratio does not include the cost of acquiring assets. A higher TER does not necessarily imply a poor return, nor does a low TER imply a good return. The current TER can not be regarded as an indication of future TERs.