Declaration of cash dividends in respect of the ordinary and “N” ordinary shares
AFRICAN AND OVERSEAS ENTERPRISES LIMITED
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
(Registration number 1947/027461/06)
JSE share code: AOO ISIN: ZAE000000485
JSE share code: AON ISIN: ZAE000009718
JSE share code: AOVP ISIN: ZAE000000493
DECLARATION OF CASH DIVIDENDS IN RESPECT OF THE ORDINARY AND “N” ORDINARY SHARES
Notice is hereby given that cash dividends of 17.00 cents per ordinary share and 17.00 cents per “N” ordinary share
have been declared and will be paid on Monday, 19 December 2016 to all holders of ordinary and “N” ordinary
shares respectively recorded in the register of AOE at close of business on Thursday, 15 December 2016.
The salient dates of the ordinary and “N” ordinary share dividends are as follows:
Last date to trade cum dividends: Monday, 12 December
Shares trade ex dividends: Tuesday, 13 December
Record date: Thursday, 15 December
Payment date: Monday, 19 December
Share certificates may not be dematerialised or rematerialised between Tuesday, 13 December 2016 and Thursday,
15 December 2016, both dates inclusive.
Shareholders are advised of the following additional information:
1. the dividends have been declared out of income reserves;
2. the local dividends tax rate is 15%;
3. the gross local dividend amount is 17.00 cents per share for ordinary and “N” ordinary shareholders:
4. the net local dividend amount for ordinary and “N” ordinary shareholders is:
4.1. 17.00 cents per share, if exempt from the payment of dividends tax; and
4.2. 14.45 cents per share, if liable to pay dividends tax;
5. the issued preference share capital of AOE is 275 000 6% cumulative participating preference shares of R2.00
6. the issued ordinary share capital of AOE is 1 250 000 ordinary shares of 50.00 cents each and 10 137 441 “N”
ordinary shares of 0.25 cents each; and
7. AOE’s tax reference number is 9010/017/03/7.
25 November 2016
Date: 25/11/2016 01:40:00 Produced by the JSE SENS Department. The SENS service is an information dissemination service administered by the JSE Limited ('JSE').
The JSE does not, whether expressly, tacitly or implicitly, represent, warrant or in any way guarantee the truth, accuracy or completeness of
the information published on SENS. The JSE, their officers, employees and agents accept no liability for (or in respect of) any direct,
indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage of any kind or nature, howsoever arising, from the use of SENS or the use of, or reliance on,
information disseminated through SENS.
Email this JSE Sens Item to a Friend.