The fund aims to offer superior returns in the medium to long-term by investing in a well spread portfolio of equities across the globe. The fund is an actively managed multi-manager fund.
The fund is suited for clients with a need for international diversification and a hedge against exchange rate risk.
Why Choose This Fund?
* The fund invests primarily in the developed countries of the world.
* The fund is managed by leading global asset managers, and portfolio construction is based on fundamental company research.
* This is an equity fund and returns will reflect the performance of global equity markets.
* It is a well-diversified fund in terms of countries, currencies, sectors and managers.
* This multi-manager approach diversifies the portfolio across managers and management styles.
Additional Fund Information
* The fund manager may borrow up to 10% of the market value of the portfolio to bridge insufficient liquidity.
* Fluctuations or movements in exchange rates may cause the value of underlying international investments to go up or down.
* This fund can be closed for new investments.
* The fund's name changed on 1 April 2004. Was previously called the Sanlam Global Trust.
* This fund is also available via certain LISPs (Linked Investment Services Providers), who levy their own fees.
* Total Expense Ratio: This fund has a TER of 1.44 and 2.83% (R and A class respectively). For the period from 1 January 2007 to 31 March 2007 1.44 and 2.83% (R and A class respectively) of the average net asset value of the portfolio were incurred as charges, levies and fees related to the management of the portfolio. The ratio does not include the cost of acquiring assets. A higher TER does not necessarily imply a poor return, nor does a low TER imply a good return. The current TER can not be regarded as an indication of future TERs.