Daniel is the sector head of resources at Investec Asset Management and portfolio manager on the Investec Commodity Fund unit trust. He joined Investec Asset Management in October 1997 as a portfolio administrator before moving to the research department in 1999 to begin working as an investment analyst on resources. Daniel received his Bachelor of Business Science (Honours) degree in Economics from the University of Cape Town in 1995, and is a Chartered Financial Analyst charterholder.
FUND OBJECTIVES AND FOCUS
The Investec Emerging Companies Fund aims to grow capital over the long term. The objective is to achieve returns well in excess of a composite of the FTSE/JSE Mid Cap Index and the FTSE/JSE Small Cap Index, measured over three year periods.
The fund aims to give investors a focused exposure to medium and small cap companies listed on the JSE. The investable universe will typically exclude the JSE top 40 listed shares. Where investments have been made in companies that subsequently enter the FTSE/JSE Top 40 Index, these are retained until circumstances necessitate their disposal (e.g. expensive relative to valuation).
- The longest running domestic smaller companies fund
- An excellent long-term track record
- A specialist equity fund for investors who want dedicated exposure to the small and mid cap sector
- Uses the Investec proprietary research model and a dedicated team of analysts to assist in the screening and the selection of companies
- Provides portfolio diversification
- More volatile than a general equity fund