(Adds news and updates futures)
Aug 4 (Reuters) – Britain’s FTSE 100 index is seen opening higher on Thursday, with futures up 0.06%.
* GLENCORE: Glencore announced a share buyback of $3 billion, after it reported a record half-yearly profit.
* CENTAMIN: Gold miner Centamin Plc reported a 4% rise in its first-half revenue.
* GO AHEAD: Go-Ahead Group agreed to an increased buyout offer from Australia’s Kinetic Holding and Spain-based Globalvia Inversiones.
* MEDICLINIC: South Africa’s Remgro said it will buy British hospital chain operator Mediclinic International .
* ROLLS ROYCE: Rolls-Royce said it would see its squeezed operating profit margin improve in the second half.
* INFORMA: Informa Plc reiterated its annual profit to be at the top end of market expectations.
* NEXT: British retailer Next increased its full-year sales and profit forecasts.
* PHEONIX: Phoenix has bought closed life insurer Sun Life of Canada UK for 248 million pounds.
* MEGGITT: Aircraft parts supplier Meggitt Plc reported a 21% rise in its first-half revenue.
* UNILEVER: Ben & Jerry’s independent board said Unilever Plc had frozen its directors’ salaries in July as a pressure tactic.
* M&S: Britain’s Marks and Spencer said it would stop selling disposable barbecues to reduce risk of fires in dry conditions.
* REGULATOR: Britain’s competition regulator said that Canadian cloud-based software firm Dye & Durham should sell TM Group after it identified competition concerns.
* AUTOS: British new car registrations fell about 9% in July, according to preliminary industry data.
* BOE: The Bank of England is expected to raise interest rates by the most since 1995.
* HARLEQUIN: The chairman of Harlequin Group was convicted of defrauding 226 million pounds ($274 million) from more than 8,000 investors in Britain.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
TODAY’S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines (Reporting by Muhammed Husain and Prerna Bedi in Bengaluru)