Results of the Company's Annual General Meeting held in Singapore on May 29, 2019 ("AGM")
GRINDROD SHIPPING HOLDINGS LTD. (the “Company”)
ABBREVIATED NAME: GRINSHIP
Registered in Singapore with registration number 201731497H
NASDAQ Share code: GRIN
JSE Share code: GSH
Primary listing on NASDAQ Global Select Market
Secondary listing on the JSE Main Board
RESULTS OF THE COMPANY’S ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD IN SINGAPORE ON MAY
29, 2019 (“AGM”)
There were 19,063,833 ordinary shares in issue as at the date of the AGM. 10,970,092 ordinary
shares, being 57.54% of the issued ordinary shares, were present or represented at the AGM,
constituting a quorum.
At the AGM, the shareholders considered all the resolutions pertaining to the ordinary business and
all the resolutions relating to special business as set out in the Notice of Annual General Meeting of
Shareholders, dated April 26, 2019 other than resolution number 10. On May 22, 2019, the board of
directors of the Company resolved to withdraw ordinary resolution number 10 “Authority to issue and
allot shares” from the matters to be considered as special business at the AGM. All resolutions
considered at the meeting were duly passed.
Each ordinary share carries one vote.
Details of all votes validly cast at the AGM are set out below:
For(1) Against(1) Abstentions(1)
Number of %(2) Number %(2) Number %(3)
Resolution number and details
Shares of Shares of Shares
1. Receive and adopt the Directors’ 10,831,382 99.73 29,237 0.27 109,473 1.00
Statement, the Auditors’ Report and the
Audited Financial Statements for the
financial year ended December 31, 2018.
2. Re-appointment of Mr Cato Brahde as a 10,833,350 99.75 27,119 0.25 109,623 1.00
3. Re-appointment of Mr Quah Ban Huat as 10,833,399 99.75 27,070 0.25 109,623 1.00
4. Re-appointment of Mr John Herholdt as a 10,833,399 99.75 27,070 0.25 109,623 1.00
5. Re-appointment of Mr Petrus (Pieter) Uys 10,859,396 99.99 1,073 0.01 109,623 1.00
as a Director.
6. Re-appointment of Mr Michael Hankinson 10,821,466 99.64 39,003 0.36 109,623 1.00
as a Director.
7. Increase in total Non-Executive 10,089,085 93.01 757,778 6.99 123,229 1.12
Directors’ remuneration for the financial
year ended December 31, 2018.
8. Non-Executive Directors’ remuneration 8,606,286 79.34 2,240,577 20.66 123,229 1.12
for the financial year ending December
9. Re-appointment and remuneration of 10,787,762 99.36 69,730 0.64 112,600 1.03
10. Authority to issue and allot shares. Withdrawn
11. Authority to allot and issue shares under 9,909,809 91.25 950,209 8.75 110,074 1.00
the 2018 Forfeitable Share Plan.
12. Renewal of the Share Repurchase 10,722,680 99.28 77,394 0.72 170,018 1.55
(1) Whilst ordinary shares abstained from voting count toward determining the quorum of the meeting, the calculation of
the percentage of votes cast in favour of, or against, the resolution disregards abstained votes.
(2) Percentage is calculated as the votes for or against, as applicable, divided by the total of votes for and against, and not
(3) Percentage is calculated as the votes abstained divided by total ordinary shares represented at the AGM, being
10,970,092 ordinary shares.
By order of the Board
30 May 2019
Sponsor: Grindrod Bank Limited
Date: 30/05/2019 07:36:00 Produced by the JSE SENS Department. The SENS service is an information dissemination service administered by the JSE Limited ('JSE').
The JSE does not, whether expressly, tacitly or implicitly, represent, warrant or in any way guarantee the truth, accuracy or completeness of
the information published on SENS. The JSE, their officers, employees and agents accept no liability for (or in respect of) any direct,
indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage of any kind or nature, howsoever arising, from the use of SENS or the use of, or reliance on,
information disseminated through SENS.
Email this JSE Sens Item to a Friend.