LiveCredits (Real-Time Prices for online trading clients)
With increased pricing and stricter policies from the JSE, real-time prices are not available to clients who have not subscribed to the Sharenet online trading access fee. This was communicated to clients in 2 emails during 2003.
The online access fee has been kept low by using a loyalty points or "LiveCredits" system. Therefore, the more you
trade, the more live prices you may view. If you subscribe to any Sharenet live price service then these livecredits are not applicable to you.
Click here if you need to subscribe for the Sharenet online trading access fee
Livecredits allocated can be viewed in the Trade Admin menu and optionally switched to delayed mode in order to conserve points for use when actively trading.
Livecredits will be allocated as follows:
- 32 Livecredits for every R1000 of total holdings/cash
- 32 Livecredits for every R1000 traded
Livecredits will be utilised as follows:
- One real-time price lookup will equal 1 Livecredit
- One market depth lookup will equal 2 Livecredits
- Current cash Balance: R7000 (7x32 points)
- Total value of share holdings: R29000 (29x32 points)
- Total value of trades done in the last 3 months: R40 000 (40x32 points)
- Thus a total of 2432 points would be allocated.
Each night Sharenet's systems will re-calculate Livecredits based on the
last 3 months trading and allocate price lookups accordingly.
Please note that if the number of Livecredits left is less than 1, then
prices will switch automatically to delayed mode until the next trade is
Clients who are not trading actively via our trading hub, but still require
access to real-time prices or other information tools may do so by
subscribing to any one of our many information products Please click here for