QUANTUM FOODS HOLDINGS LIMITED
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
Registration Number: 2013/208598/06
Share Code: QFH
ISIN Code: ZAE000193686
(“Quantum Foods” or “the Company”)
In terms of the Listings Requirements of the JSE Limited, a listed company is required to publish a
trading statement once it is satisfied that a reasonable degree of certainty exists that the financial
results for the period to be reported on next will differ by at least 20% from the financial results for
the previous corresponding period.
Shareholders are hereby advised that for the twelve-month period ending 30 September 2018, a
reasonable degree of certainty exists that:
• headline earnings per share (HEPS) of the Company will be at least 219% or 107.5 cents per share
higher than reported in the comparable period; and
• earnings per share (EPS) of the Company will be at least 181% or 100.6 cents per share higher than
reported in the comparable period.
This implies that for the twelve months ending 30 September 2018:
• HEPS is expected to be at least 156.5 cents per share, compared to HEPS of 49.0 cents per share
reported in the comparable period ending 30 September 2017; and
• EPS is expected to be at least 156.3 cents per share, compared to EPS of 55.7 cents per share
reported in the comparable period ending 30 September 2017.
HEPS for the first six months of 2018 was 82.5 cents per share and EPS for the first six months of 2018
was 82.4 cents per share. Earnings expected for the second six months of the 2018 financial year
compared to the first six months of the 2018 financial year was impacted by:
• Continued high levels of profitability in the egg business, although margins declined with an
increase in feed costs and a decline in egg prices;
• Proceeds of R22 million, received from insurers compensating partly for the Avian Influenza losses
that occurred in 2017 and in the first half of 2018;
• Slightly weaker margins in the feeds and broiler farming businesses; and
• Improved contribution from the other African operations benefiting from the favourable trading
A further trading statement will be issued as soon as there is a reasonable degree of certainty as to
the likely range within which the Company’s HEPS and EPS is expected to increase.
Shareholders are advised that no further incidents of Avian Influenza have been experienced.
Shareholders are reminded that an outbreak of Avian Influenza before the end of the reporting period
could have a significant impact on the expected HEPS and EPS reflected in this trading statement.
The results for the twelve months ending 30 September 2018 is expected to be published on SENS on
or about 29 November 2018.
The financial information on which this trading statement is based, has not been reviewed or reported
on by the Company’s external auditors.
12 September 2018
Date: 12/09/2018 09:30:00 Produced by the JSE SENS Department. The SENS service is an information dissemination service administered by the JSE Limited ('JSE').
The JSE does not, whether expressly, tacitly or implicitly, represent, warrant or in any way guarantee the truth, accuracy or completeness of
the information published on SENS. The JSE, their officers, employees and agents accept no liability for (or in respect of) any direct,
indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage of any kind or nature, howsoever arising, from the use of SENS or the use of, or reliance on,
information disseminated through SENS.
Email this JSE Sens Item to a Friend.