South African Markets - Factors to watch on Sept. 12
The following company announcements, scheduled economic
indicators, debt and currency market moves and political events
may affect South African markets on Wednesday.
- August Business confidence index by SACCI. 0930 GMT
- July Retail Sales by Statistics South Africa. 1100 GMT
- Full Year 2018 Group Five Ltd Earnings Release.
- Full Year 2018 Grand Parade Investments Ltd
- Full Year 2018 Clover Industries Ltd Earnings
- Full Year 2018 Capevin Holdings Ltd Earnings
SOUTH AFRICAN MARKETS
South Africa's rand firmed on Tuesday as emerging market
currencies broadly staged a rally against the dollar following a
deep selloff, with investors seeing an opportunity to buy the
Asian stocks slipped to 14-month lows on Wednesday, as
investor confidence was chilled by the latest round of verbal
threats in an intensifying U.S.-China trade conflict.
U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday as Apple led a jump in
technology shares and a gain of more than 2 percent in oil
prices drove up energy shares.
Gold prices edged lower on Wednesday as a key technical
resistance acted as a deterrent for the metal and the yuan
weakened against the dollar on fears the U.S.-China trade war
For the top emerging markets news, double click on
- - - -
Some of the main stories out in the South African press:
- Mall property operator Resilient forms new board
to tackle price manipulation allegations.
- Australian university group Monash to sell South
- Property firm Attaq to sell non-core assets.
© 2018 Thomson Reuters. All rights reserved. Reuters content is the intellectual property of Thomson Reuters or its third party content providers. Any copying, republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters. Thomson Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. "Reuters" and the Reuters Logo are trademarks of Thomson Reuters and its affiliated companies.