Sanlam Multi Manager International (SMMI) is an investment management business dedicated to active multi-management investing. It operates independently of the conventional investment management activities within the group, both in terms of staff and investment decisions. SMMI manages assets in excess of R90bn via more than 20 different funds for over 40 000 clients. SMMI is a globally integrated business with offices in South Africa and the United Kingdom (UK). The UK office is based in London and is responsible for advising in respect of the investment management of several Sanlam products and no less than 14 funds of UK Life Assurer Merchant Investors Assurance, covering a spread of asset classes and regions around the world.
FUND OBJECTIVES AND FOCUS
The Coris Capital General Equity Fund is a multi-managed equity fund, which invests in listed shares and unit trusts with the objective of achieving capital growth through exposure to the equity market. Investment managers are selected so as to blend style, sector and risk exposures within the portfolio. The fund aims to provide consistent returns with low volatility to reap the benefit of compound investment returns.
* The risk profile of the fund is above average.
* The fund is an actively managed portfolio of a broad range of equities which will provide superior returns.
* The fund gives a broad exposure of quality shares with medium to larger market capitalisation.
Who Should Invest?
* Investors who require broad equity market exposure.
* Investors who are looking for a fund with the ability to manage and time economic cycles and do equity sector allocation accordingly.
* Investors who do not want to worry about the timing and magnitude of switches from one equity sector to the next.
* Investors who prefer to do their own asset allocation and who may require a general equity portfolio.
* Investors who have a medium to long-term time horizon.
The primary objective is to deliver sustainable capital growth through a broad based exposure to the equity market. (The fund can provide additional diversification through foreign investment, though limited.)